Making the next step in your career could be hard, we've gathered these 5 great openings to ease this process for you.
1. UX Designer (Remote) at Hypixel Studios
Hypixel has its origins in the Hypixel Network minigames server, which was established in 2013 and subsequently became one of the most popular independent game servers in the world. They have served millions of players and launched dozens of games through their work as modders - and along the way, Hypixel has become a beloved brand among fans of the block game genre. Hypixel Studios was born out of a desire to take this experience and 'go pro' - to grow from mod team to professional development studio and to build games that empower our players to begin their own creative journeys.
This team is looking for UX Designer to share their passion to games.
Who you are:
- You are a UX professional who puts the player’s needs first when creating deliverables that demonstrate your design thinking
- You’re a problem solver, first and foremost; you strive to create a frictionless game experience for the player
- You’re an excellent communicator and are passionate about working across disciplines to advocate for your craft
- You approach designing not only creatively, but with data and research as part of your arsenal
2. Lead 3D Artist at LILA Games
LILA Games is creating a free-to-play mobile game currently dubbed Project B.L.A.C.K. Coming at the first-person shooter (FPS) genre with outstanding expertise and high ambitions, the team is pushing the boundaries of what gaming experiences on portable devices can look like.
The team is looking for Lead 3D Artist, who will be responsible for leading the art team in the development of high-quality art assets while ensuring adherence with the creative vision of the game.
- 5+ years of professional experience in video games and/or at least two shipped titles.
- Ability to assess the content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills – 3D modeling, texturing, and lighting
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator, and mentor with a proactive approach to collaboration and feedback from others
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions and to help teammates with answering their own
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools
- Outstanding problem-solving skills regarding creative, technical, and production issues, while keeping a professional, calm, and composed demeanor.
- Experience working in various game engines.
3. Enviro Artist at Appnormals Team
Appnormals Team is award-winning indie videogame development studio focused on creating multi-platform games based on innovative premises and solid storytelling, aiming for memorable experiences with charming aesthetics.
They are looking for a top-notch game artist proficient in environments to join our team developing the puzzle adventure Terracotta.
- Excellent skills in environmental art (both isometric and top down*)
- Great use of light, shape, and color.
- Versatility, capable of equally working with natural elements and architecture (inspired by Ancient China references)
- Character design and other game art skills are a plus for versatility purposes in the mid to long-term.
4. Senior Unity Programmer at Happy Volcano
Happy Volcano has a team of skilled game designers, artists and developers. They are based in Leuven, Belgium and collaborate with the best talent across the world to create awesome video games. The main passion of this team is making games: whether it’s a mysterious narrative exploration game like The Almost Gone or the first racing game where the goal is to stop, aptly named You Suck at Parking™. Currently this team is on the hunt for talented Unity Programmer.
You would be a great fit if...
- You have strong familiarity with physics, AI and gameplay code
- You have exceptional C# design -and programming skills
- You love coding games and know how to make use of Unity
- You pride yourself on writing clean, robust code
- You know how to optimize games for performance
- You have a self-motivated approach to development
- You’re an excellent communicator
- You’re fluent in English
5. Intermediate Level Designer at Scavengers Studio
Founded in 2015 in Montreal, Scavengers Studio is an independent video game studio bringing together a diverse team of daring creators. The company launched their first game Darwin Project, 3 years later. The studio experienced a wind of change in 2019, as cofounder Amélie Lamarche became the chief executive officer, giving birth to their second project called Season.
Scavengers Studio is hiring Intermediate Level Designer.
- An intermediate level designer who has between 3 to 5 years experience creating video games maps that embodies the creative, art, realization, design visions of the game.
- An interactive storyteller who can craft in a game engine (our tool of choice is Unreal) compelling experiences that give the time, space, tools and agency to the players for them to create their own amazing stories in the worlds we craft.
- An accomplished prototyper who can effectively use a variety of digital or physical tools to explore design or realization concepts or quickly validate an idea or a design.
- A seasoned game developer who went through the full cycle of game development for either a AAA game, a narrative game or a game with innovative themes or mechanics.