Apply for positions at MSG Sphere Studios, Starbreeze, Metaverse Game Studios, Streamline Studios, Superbloom, Persistant Studios, and The Gang.
Madison Square Garden Interactive is looking for an accomplished Technical Artist who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level with skills developing tools and creative assets for a variety of real-time technologies. This role requires in-depth technical knowledge and strong aesthetic inclination. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of both real-time and standard production art pipelines. The Tech Artist has experience working on AAA titles, has a passion for gaming, and has the ability to create immersive and story-driven work.
What do you need to succeed?
- 4+ years of professional experience as a technical artist on at least one AAA title
- Solid experience with high-quality visuals, following memory and performance targets
- Experience profiling performance and memory within game engines
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques, and fundamental art principles
- Solid experience with physically based rendering and Substance Suite
- Extensive game engine experience (Unity, Unreal, Frostbite)
- Self-motivated, structured, proactive, and detailed oriented
- Relentless drive to find solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- A passion for games
Are you passionate about making great games? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a Senior Rendering Programmer to join our team in Stockholm or Paris.
You will be part of the Engine team, working closely with the Technical Director. You will be responsible for everything render-wise.
- Maintain, simplify, optimize and enhance 2 rendering pipelines (UE4 and Diesel) for all platforms
- Work on performance oriented engine modules for Payday games
- Work with consoles
- Keep up with research and implement new papers useful to our games
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Very good with C++
- Solid experience as a rendering programmer
- Team player willing to listen, help and learn
As a Character Concept Artist, you will be responsible for creating high-quality believable Sci-Fi characters for production.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years in the concept art role
- A keen eye for character composition, shape, color theory, light, value and detail
- Experience using 3D software like Mudbox, Blender, 3DsMax, Z-Brush and Maya,
- Being able to draw hard surface and organic shapes and objects with balancing form and function
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent Character concept art skills
- Being able to adapt realistic sci-fi art style
- Ability to work from thumbnails, quick drafts to the final product with the Leads’ and Directors’ feedback
- Strong knowledge of color, light, composition, anatomy, perspective and depth
- Ability to create multiple variations of the characters and iterate with feedback to the final design
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends
- Strong knowledge of video games and films especially Sci-Fi
- Great communication and being a team player
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced individual looking for a challenge and a change of pace. We believe in T.E.A.M (Technology, Execution, Advisory, and Mastery), which is at the heart of everything that we do. As we consistently expand our presence here in Malaysia, we look for the best talent to help us continually deliver excellence. As such, we believe the 2D/Concept Artist must be able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; has advanced/intermediate texturing and or concept art and illustration experience in addition to knowledge of art processes and production pipeline.
- Expert in at least three areas of 2D artistic production.
- High level of drawing and illustration skills, able to work in both digital and traditional mediums.
- Have a high understanding of human anatomy, perspective, lighting and rendering. Ability to visualize perspective and 3-dimensional space.
- A keen interest in design, architecture, film and games.
- Have a vast imagination, Ability to visualize and interpret other people's ideas.
- Proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Able to produce high-quality refined promotional marketing art.
Superbloom is a venture-backed, new mobile game studio founded by two female gaming veterans who have held leadership roles at EA, Glu, New York Times, and Dots.
At Superbloom, we believe women deserve more diverse & elevated games they are proud to play. We are passionate about creating games with real-life interests that connect players.
We believe that the best work is done through open collaboration, honest respectful communication, and intentional inclusivity of the team regardless of one's race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical attribute, or religious beliefs.
- 4+ years experience as a Unity Engineer
- Proven experience with resolving complex technical tasks and designing complex client/server features
- Experience working in a product team, collaborating on planning, speccing, delivering, and maintaining features for a large number of device types
- Good understanding of the Unity engine (API, tools, and modern features)
- Strong experience with different principles and best practices OOP, design patterns
- Good knowledge of the .Net framework
- Experienced in async programming (async/await, Task/UniTasks, CancelationTokens, etc)
- Familiar with Zenject and understanding of dependency injection pattern
- Understanding the needs and challenges of the f2p 2d mobile games
We are looking for an experienced and highly talented Senior VFX Artist to create real-time Visual Effects on a custom engine for a major upcoming AAA game. The job is based in our Paris office (partially remote), with potential international missions.
The following skills are required:
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience as a VFX artist in games or related industries,
- Portfolio showcasing recent game VFX work,
- Good artistic sense (comfortable with realistic effects),
- Experience with VFX authoring tools (Niagara, PopcornFX v2, Houdini),
- Comfortable with shader creation (HLSL or visual shader editors),
- Comfortable with texture creation (Photoshop, Substance),
- Ability to identify optimization issues in an fx and fix them,
- Fluent technical English,
- Ready to learn new processes and software quickly,
- Eager to receive, seek and give constructive criticism.
Our mission is to unlock the full creative potential of our audiences with innovative experiences and solutions. This year we have seen tremendous growth with several million active users every day and we are actively looking to find the best people to join us in shaping the future of metaverse experiences in Roblox and beyond.
We strive to deliver awesome digital experiences and have fun while doing it, always learning and moving forward. Working at The Gang you will have a lot of ownership over your tasks and be empowered to test your ideas and grow in a playful and supportive group.
- Experience with programming in the C-family and LUA
- 5+ years of professional game development and/or other software development experience
- Strong English required, Swedish knowledge a plus but not needed
- Located in Sweden or Portugal
What we offer:
- A role in a growing and highly collaborative group with room to both diversify your skills and focus on your specialization.
- The opportunity to work on our own established IPs as well as working with some of the biggest brand clients worldwide.
- The opportunity to work with a diverse, fun, and talented team.
- A 100% remote work environment.
- Yearly wellness allowance.
We believe that making games is an art form and a highly specialized craft. Our company exists to serve as a workshop where dedicated craftspeople can thrive while focusing on doing the thing they love. We believe each developer is a uniquely talented individual who should be valued as such. Developers are not replaceable cogs.
As our technical artist, you will:
- Create pipelines/workflows for environments and architecture (shaders, materials, etc.)
- Work closely with engineers and artists to develop visual looks for environment
- Help with optimization - including occlusion, texture and draw call budgets for environmental content.
You should be:
- A high impact communicator and problem solver as an individual/tool support
- Confident and experienced in your skillset
- Positive with a proactive mindset toward challenges
You may find these articles interesting