Animancer is a Unity plugin that allows you to play animations on demand and control their details directly, without all the restrictions and extra preparation required by other systems. It's a worth attention plugin, that solves the major problems with Animator Controllers and can either replace them entirely or work alongside them. This makes animations much easier to work within all stages of development from basic prototyping to maintaining and debugging complex systems.
- Quick Play: Play animations on-demand without any unnecessary setup steps. Just get an AnimationClip and call animancer.Play(clip).
- Easy Waiting: Register an End Event or yield return an AnimancerState inside a Coroutine to wait for an animation to finish.
- Smooth Transitions: Blend between animations over time linearly or using a Custom Curve to ensure that your characters always move smoothly.
- Live Inspector: View the current details of your animations in the Inspector with manual controls for debugging and testing.
- Smooth Integration: Most plugins developed for other animation systems should work out of the box with Animancer and it supports features like Humanoid Animation Retargeting, Generic Rigs, Sprite animations, Root Motion, Animation Events, and Inverse Kinematics (IK).
You can try out all the features for free with Animancer Lite then upgrade to Animancer Pro if needed. The Platformer Game Kit demonstrates how Animancer can be used in a more complex environment. If you are new to Animancer you should start with the Basics, checking an extensive User Manual that explains how everything works.