V-Ray 5, Update 2 is packed with features to help you focus on your designs and increase your productivity.
Chaos has shipped V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max, Update 2, the next version of its Academy-Award-winning production renderer. The new version is packed with features to help you focus on your designs and increase your productivity. The second update comes with a new V-Ray Decal, new Sharpen & Blur layer for V-Ray Frame Buffer, 200 new materials added to Chaos Cosmos, updated light sources that can now be used within the VRayInstancer, and more.
The Update Features:
- V-Ray Decal: Project V-Ray Decals onto surfaces at any angle without extra UVW work or disturbing any underlying materials for quickly making anything from IndyCars and container labels to cracks, stains, and scratches.
- Sharpen/Blur layer in V-Ray Frame Buffer: V-Ray 5’s extensive post-processing capabilities are bolstered with batch image processing and a new Sharpen/Blur layer for even more artistic control without leaving 3ds Max.
- Chaos Cosmos materials: More than 200 free, high-quality materials have been added to Chaos Cosmos.
- V-Ray Instancer lights distribution: More versatile ways of distributing lights in the scene. Instance your lights based on any kind of particle system.
- Atmospheric light contribution control: Improved control to speed up your lighting setup. Easily tweak how much an individual light illuminates the environment fog around it.
- Extended V-Ray Dirt: New advanced options in VRayDirt ensure precise and agile control over weathering effects.
- And more!