Check out 5 character art courses on game hair creation, creature design, and photo-realistic portrait production.
AAA Salon: Game Hair Creation
Ashley Sparling will explain to you the creation of the game-ready hair that you can use in your personal and commercial projects. During the course, you will learn workflows in XGen and Fibermesh. The course will give you the essential knowledge on the topic and the hair salon CG tools to help you create nice hair for AAA games.
Creature Design Class
Check out a cool tutorial from Raf Grassetti on creature design.
- No skill level required to enter, however, the basic knowledge of ZBrush is required.
- 2 days of the recorded and edited live demonstration
- Industry and Portfolio tips
The Dwarf Warrior: 3D Character Creation For Game
Master your 3D game character production with the Imagine School course.
What you’ll learn during the course:
- an easy pipeline for creating 3D characters for games
- ways to create a high-poly detailed character and textures
- in-depth study and understanding of hair modeling, texturing for games
Spanish Knight Tutorial
Max Puliero will share his knowledge on how to create high-end game characters. You’ll focus on the entire production process, including modeling, sculpting, and texturing workflow as well as ways how to handle mistakes.
The course level is intermediate and includes workflow in Blender, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, and Marmoset Toolbag.
Photo Realistic Portrait
Learn the workflow for creating a realistic portrait with Piotr Kujko, Character and Asset Artist in Platige Image.
During the course, you will learn:
- The full process of sculpting and preparing facial models for presentation
- How to establish proper form and proportions
- How to work on anatomical and facial details
- Creating proper human-based texture