The designer says he received an offer he couldn't refuse at another company.
Fawzi Mesmar, DICE's head of design who previously contributed to the development of the Battlefield and Star Wars: Battlefront series, decided to leave the team.
VGC reports that the departure was announced via an e-mail sent to DICE's staff. The message said, "he'd been planning to leave for some time once the studio's latest shooter has been shipped." Mesmar had worked as DICE's head of design since 2019 after working at Candy Crush developer King.
"It was an absolute pleasure to serve on the best design teams in the galaxy," Mesmar wrote. "The incredible design work that you do continues to inspire me every day. Thank you for putting some faith in me, I hope I didn’t disappoint.
I have been made an offer I couldn’t refuse at another company that has been kind enough to wait for me until we have shipped Battlefield 2042. It was super important to me to be here with the team as we achieve this historical milestone."
The designer's final day at DICE will be November 26 and his next position will also be based in Stockholm, Sweden.