The creator intends to replicate the gunplay and mechanics from Max Payne in Doom.
Take a look at this curious mod mixing Max Payne and Doom. Doom Payne is still in development, and with it, the creator BulletTimeTails wants to replicate the gunplay and mechanics from Max Payne in Doom.
The mod will feature two versions of Max Payne: the classic one from the first game and Modern Payne, who will use the weapons from Doom. The game uses a built-in bullet time mod from Xortts and has several custom difficulties:
- Detective – Doom in the Hurt Me Plenty mode.
- Hard-Boiled – Ultra Violence, but enemies do more damage.
- Dead On Arrival – Ultra Violence with fast monsters, where enemies do a lot more damage to you, it's the closest difficulty to Max Payne.
- An Eye for an Eye – everything including you dies in one hit.
- Payne Must Die – every enemy is fast and kills you in one hit.
Unfortunately, the weapon sprites will not support ultra-wide resolutions, but the creator promised to try and make them look like in 16:9 resolutions.
So far, the mod is not ready for release, and the date where you can try it is not set, but you can follow BulletTimeTails on Twitter to be the first to get the news. Also, don't forget to join our Reddit page and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.