Convert V-Ray to Blender Principled BSDF materials.
James Vella published a free script that allows converting V-Ray materials to Blender Principled BSDF materials. This is a fast way to import the models so that the material is automatically converted and imported into Blender with PBR materials applied with correct default settings.
The converter takes a V-Ray material with Roughness workflow, converts it to Standard (Legacy) material, and is ready for export to FBX.
Another benefit of this workflow is that the imported into Blender file can be directly exported to GLB/GLTF for real-time workflow.
What the script does:
- Converts Diffuse texture, Diffuse Color, V-RayColor in Diffuse
- Converts Roughness texture
- Converts Metal texture
- Converts Opacity texture
- Converts Normal texture
- Converts Normal DirectX to OpenGL
- Sets the correct Specular level for Blender
- Sets Reflection to White
- Sets Dielectric or Metallic material for Blender
- Sets Gamma settings for sRGB and Linear images
- Can convert VRayMtl, VRay2SidedMtl, and Multi-Material. You can edit the functions in the script to add more material types if you use them