The update adds analytical upscale super-resolution and advanced noise removal.
The developers from Project Dogwaffle released an updated version of their Howler tool – Howler 2022. Howler is a digital painting, animation, and video processing tool that can be used to create "cinematic VFX in a familiar painting environment."
Here is the full list of the updates:
- Analytical Upscale super-resolution
- Advanced noise removal with non-local-means filter
- Multi-frequency CLAHE (Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization)
- Mark stored images as indelible to survive program restart
- Color picker improvements
- Feather the alpha selection, distance transform filter, and more