Check out Temple of Snek, a new take on a classic Snake game.
Everyone remembers being a child and playing Snake on your father's or mother's Nokia, trying to grow the snake so it fills the entire playable map. Solo Developer, Nick Bell from Aetheric Games has given all of us a chance to feel these happy childhood moments once again with the new game Temple Of Snek that was released in early access on 18 August 2021.
Temple of Snek is a tile-based puzzle dungeon adventure where you play as a snake who tries to defend an ancient temple from infidels by eating them, growing in the process. You will have to explore the temple halls, master puzzle mechanics and special abilities, and uncover secrets to progress.
Features in the Current Version:
- A continuous, interwoven puzzle dungeon with 2-5 hours of gameplay
- Rhythm and length-based traps and puzzles
- Procedural music that changes as you play
- Classic Mode: eat-and-grow score attack
Extra Features Coming to the Final Version:
- Five environments with distinct art, music, and puzzle styles
- 4 NPC types with unique puzzle mechanics
- Secret powers to discover and master
- A wordless, environmental narrative with a twist in the tale
- Mek-a-Snek: design your own snake-skin pattern
- Level Editor: make and share your own snek puzzles