Under the supervision of the Artistic Director, the Level Artist will be responsible for placing environment elements within the game to compose a scene aesthetically. With many years of experience, a strong knowledge of art fundamentals, and an outstanding sense of aesthetic in creating strong narrative video game worlds, the Level Artist will be working to create awe-inspiring assets.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Level Designer and Art Director to bring aesthetic composition to scenes;
- Model and texture assets to dress and populate the scene (foliage, environment props);
- Integrate the objects and textures that are produced into the level, create and assemble the key elements, giving context to the story;
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment, providing input and regular feedback.
Qualifications & Experiences
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in level art, modeling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or other relevant experience;
- Experience shipping indie or AAA titles as a level artist;
- Knowledge of 3D software and optimization techniques;
- A proven ability to work in a team environment and communicating with designers & programmers;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Experience working on sandbox environments;
- Experience working on narrative games;
- A demonstrated ability to improvise and creatively solve problems.
- Full time permanent position;
- Competitive salary;
- Benefits and vacation;
- Teleworking and / or hybrid formula;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible;
- A creative team open to new ideas.
Who we are
Founded in 2015 in Montreal, Scavengers Studio is an independent video game studio bringing together a diverse team of daring creators. The company launched their first game Darwin Project, 3 years later. The studio experienced a wind of change in 2019, as cofounder Amélie Lamarche became the chief executive officer, giving birth to their second project called Season.
Designing and imagining all of the video games they produce, this multidisciplinary group aims to provide unique experiences to its players through unique worlds. Pushing aside conventions, the studio is a playground that stands out for its variety of perspectives, a place where challenge and collaboration are the basis of creation.
What we are doing
We are currently building a game called Season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCMHnKpt4IM
Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let yourself be carried away by the journey of Season, a third-person atmospheric adventure bicycle road trip game. The premise of Season
is that you play a traveller recording the last moments of different cultures before they’re washed away. Through the eyes of a young woman leaving a secluded community, you explore the wider world for the first time.