The team is seeking a Senior Character Rigging Artist.
PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for a Senior Character Rigging Artist who has experience with Maya rigging/scripting, along with a strong understanding of human anatomy and realistic deformation. You will work with a multi-award winning team while working with AAA Worldwide Studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, San Diego Studio, Guerrilla Games, and more!
- Set up and maintain character (humans & animals) rigs and systems.
- Work with the art group to develop models that meet technical requirements.
- Work with the animation group to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation/gameplay needs.
- Design and set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
- Develop new techniques and processes to further advance
- Collaborate with TDs in ongoing facial and muscle simulation research.
- Create tools to streamline workflow/pipeline.
- Work with team directors and production to identify/prioritize tasks.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation.
- Minimum 6 years of production experience in the game or film/VFX field, with a strong understanding of Maya and Python scripting.
- Professional experience with developing and maintaining FACS-based facial rigs.
- In-depth knowledge of character/prop rigging techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of realistic human anatomy
- Experience with adopting production pipelines and making improvements that respect guidelines and system requirements.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and take initiative to seek answers and address issues.
- Experience with OpenMaya or C++ Maya API.
- Familiarity with runtime performance efficiency and optimization, including Maya parallel DAG evaluation.