Unreal Academic Partner, Escape Studios, has published 2 new courses for those who are interested in UE.
The course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive tour of Unreal Engine and with each project, there is a range of artistic and technical tasks that will challenge you. Escape Studios' tutors are Authorized Unreal Engine Instructors and have many years of experience in teaching Unreal Engine, including providing training direct to industry.
Each week you will be assigned a project that will focus on one main area of Unreal Engine. The tutors host a live Q&A session in the last week, which will address the next steps after completing this course. It will give you the opportunity to raise any concerns or ask any questions. The session will also be recorded and available for anyone who was unable to attend.
The course lasts for 10 weeks and includes:
- An introduction to Unreal Engine and introduction to materials in UE. After these 2 modules, you should feel comfortable using Unreal Engine 4’s material editor, have a basic understanding of PBR, how to import textures, how to control them, and how to create materials, master material, and instances.
- On weeks 5th and 6th mentors will work with you on lighting and post-process in UE. Using the knowledge, you have gained through previous projects you will refine your work or create a new scene with materials, lighting, and post-processing to create a real-time environment.
- The 10-weeks course will be finished with a live Q&A session, where you can ask questions about your next steps.
One of the Unreal Engine's core strengths is the visual scripting API called Blueprints. It can be leveraged to create tools, small gameplay interactions, or even entire games. This course is designed to give you a strong foundation in visual scripting within Unreal Engine. The course will teach you the fundamentals of programming within a node network and challenge you to think creatively on how to leverage the visual scripting API.
The course is created and mentored by Juriaan van Váli. Juriaan is currently a Technical Artist at Framestore in the Immersive department working on a wide range of projects from high-end to mobile. Recently he has also become an Unreal Engine Authorized instructor.
This course includes 5 modules and lasts for 10 weeks:
- The first module is an introduction to visual scripting with an intro to Blueprints, animations, timelines, and variables with the logic flow. You will also understand the basics of visual scripting, how it works under the hood and leverage some basic techniques.
- On the 3rd and 4th weeks, mentors will guide you through visual scripting core points: flow control, customization, loops and arrays, blueprint communication. By the end of this module, you should feel comfortable using some of the core techniques in object-oriented programming. You will have seen how to make your Blueprints adjustable within the engine and have a broader knowledge to produce more complex content.
- On the 5th and 6th weeks you'll deep into leveraging important visual scripting techniques. These techniques are often used for quick set-dressing and more complex interactions. Combined with the previous weeks you will have a broad knowledge to tackle some basic blueprint tools and gameplay interactions.
- The final steps of the course will be your own project and a Live Q&A session.
Both courses will start on the 4th of October. Learn more about new courses at Escape Studios and book your place here. Also, don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.