Adobe announced Photoshop now features native support for the new Apple Silicon processors.
Adobe announced Photoshop now features native support for the new Apple Silicon processors. The latest March 2021 update to the toolkit allows users to run the app natively on Macs using Apple’s new M1 chip "with 1.5X the speed of similarly configured previous generation systems."
You can run the tool in native mode or via Rosetta, Apple’s translation environment. Please note that a number of Photoshop features are not yet supported in native mode.
Features not available in the native mode:
- Import, Export, and playback of embedded video layers
- Shake Reduction filter
- Preset Syncing
- Share an image button / Quick Share
- Create new Library from document / Libraries Panel menu command
- Home Screen > Shared with you and Invite to edit / Collaborative Editing features
- Opening or placing U3D formatted files
- Starting Bridge from Photoshop menus