In today's digest, we have gathered 6 fantastic courses for beginning and advanced Character Artists.
1. Advanced Shading & Rendering in Arnold and Houdini
The first course of today's digest is an in-depth lecture on how to render realistic materials using Houdini and Arnold. You will be taught by Senior Lighting and Look Development Artist Sina Meharlinia. He has worked under different positions like Senior Lighting and Look Development Artist at Marauder Film, Lighting Artist in MPC, and many Generalist roles in Post and CG shops creating VFX for advertisements.
2. Character Rigging Fundamentals
This course builds on the principles learned in Introduction to 3D with Maya, and through lectures, in-class practice, and out-of-class assignments, expand student learning in developing character animation rigs inside of Autodesk’s Maya. Classes include a mixture of rigging demonstrations and discussions of the role of a rigger in production, as well as setup critiques and industry tips.
3. Likeness and Facial Anatomy Program
From this course, you will learn a step-by-step approach that you can apply to any realistic character. You will be taught details of facial anatomy and learn to "read" a portrait from a totally new angle. As you progress through the course, you will be applying the knowledge on weekly basis, creating your own project. By the end of 12 weeks, you will deliver a finished likeness of your chosen character.
This course will teach you:
- References tips & tricks
- ZBrush spotlight, cam view, and UI
- Understanding FoV and cams
- Face Anatomy
- Creating T-shirt textures with Substance Painter
- And more
4. Concept Art & Digital Illustration Diploma
Turn your artistic skills into a career, as you discover how to create professionally polished concept art for the film, video game, and publishing industries.
After this course you will know how to:
- Navigate Photoshop’s user interface
- Create custom brushes & tools
- Use perspective & anatomy
- Design environments and sets for movies and games
- Speed up your workflow with efficient compositing techniques
5. Character Creation for Games
In our next course, a Character Artist with over 17 years of experience Siamak Roshani will teach you the basic knowledge about art and 3D Application. You'll learn how to create your own character from start to finish, learn what studios need from artists, and much more.
With this course you'll learn:
- Fundamentals of Houdini
- Fracturing & Attributes
- Houdini to Unity workflow
- Hair creation
- The intricacies of Lighting & Presentation, and much more!
6. AAA Character Creation: The Boxing Bunny
And finally, we have this fantastic course that will teach you how to create a sci-fi female cyborg bunny. You will learn the entire process of character creation – from gathering references and choosing a concept art to rendering your final result.
By the end of this tutorial you will learn:
- Modeling in Blender.
- Concept sculpting in ZBrush.
- Realistic texturing in Substance Painter.
- Rig and render with Blender EEVEE, and much more!